Thursday, August 29, 2013

How to use what you have when you have it

So I was feeling frustrated about not being able to write whenever I wanted to because between working and emailing and freelancing, my mind would be as blank as the blog composer that loaded when I finally got around to remembering my password. 

Carrying an actual notebook around is a terrible idea because my handwriting has turned to shit. 

I had some time away from work and the laptop and the tablet one day, so I tried Bing-ing* a solution. 

I wanted a notepad/text pad app I could use to jot down thoughts exceeding 140 characters the moment they occurred. The app had to be saveable and text formatting-enabled. Ideally, it would also be cross-platform, so I wouldn't have to save drafts to email. 

Then, I remembered I was holding a Windows phone. It came with MS Office. 

Almost a year after I got it, I'm finally using my smartphone the way it was meant to be used. Somewhat. 

* Not sure if that will ever catch on.

No comments: