Wednesday, February 17, 2010

About damn time: what a first blog should be about

Who is anyone to say for certain anyway?

I can't believe I've moved to a new blog. I was on diaryland for the longest time and I think I'm shocked at how easy it was to just up stakes and move, as it were. Forget reminiscing how nice it was at "the old place" or "blogging for money", it's now all about how "different" the "new place" feels. I feel like a rat abandoning a sinking ship. I'm still working on that guilt complex.

I know this is really old, but tags are great. Excuse me while I enthuse about the blog equivalent of folders. Marvel at how long I've held out against using them. I never actually saw their purpose earlier, it just seemed like too much trouble to categorise random stuff that was all part of my personal life anyway.

But still, tags!

So, "moving" to a new place. I wish I had walls to paint. Well, I do, but I don't know html so fuck it, I'll jut put up pictures. Some things never change.

So, what's new in my life? A friend of mine from secondary school is engaged. When you're my age (old), you can't say talk of engagement rings and whatnot is very surprising.

Only, the dude to whom she got engaged is a friend of mine from primary school! Go figure. Why do people, e.g. apparently everyone I know, go all the way to Australia to study but wind up with someone from the next block?

I'm just sayin'.

That reminds me; I'm supposed to look up my friends from primary school. If only I could remember their names…

No comments: