Thursday, September 2, 2010

Not Cinderella aka That was completely uncalled for

Mum is cleaning out the shoe corner for a reason none of us can fathom, and unearths a shoe box. Opening it, she queries, "Whose Bata sandals are these?"

I think therefore I am for a moment before claiming them.

(I'm the only person who wears anything from Bata in this family)

"Unpossible!" says the mater.

"Why not??" quoth I.

"These are clearly TOO SMALL to fit on your monstrously long feet!"

So I hurry over for a look and, lo and behold, they are indeed my Bata sandals that I stopped wearing last month.

Too small indeed.

2 comments:

Snuze said...

Heh. Too small?

I have had instances of shoe purchase whereby said accoutrement fits nicely at the store and promptly shrank upon arrival home. And had to go to my mother.

Angela Gripesalot said...

Same size as I've always worn (women's 8), but the Nike box they were in was much longer than that. Go figure.