Tuesday, May 7, 2013

DIY laptop stand: Minimalist edition

I wanted a laptop stand for my lap (?) but you know how much those things cost (because they're imported from Taiwan and are made of environmentally friendly and/or recycled materials).

And then I thought, fuck me, people are paying premium prices for repackaged trash?? So I trotted off to treasure troves of information like Mashable and Instructables and found some gems:

Top 10 DIY Laptop Stands

Ikea Hackers' Laptop Stands

Jigsaw Cardboard Laptop Stand

Fiddly Wooden Laptop Stand

Sadly, none of them suited my purposes, although I was inspired to use cardboard. Happily, a little company in California helped me out:





Thanks, Apple!

2 comments:

Snuze said...

That works. I prop my laptop with a pen under it only.

*grin*

Angela Gripesalot said...

For desktop use, I have two knob things (er...) you attach with velcro, but I wanted something for when my laptop is actually on my lap. Hurray for Apple XD