Friday, March 27, 2015

Player maker

Enfant Terrible and I decided against a band or singer at our reception. The obvious reasons are that it would cost more, take up space that could be used for guest tables, and we've not heard anything that impressive. Also, we probably wouldn't be able to afford anything that impressive, and we'd run the risk of an awesome band stealing our limelight, haha.

I actually looked at wedding DJs, but the scene here is nothing like what it is in the US, where options abound. Here, your options are masters of ceremonies (who may or may not sing or be outright terrible and out of place) who work with the sound engineer, who may or may not come up with their own playlist. You might find the two separately, one party might suggest the other, or your wedding planner might suggest them to you.

In our case, we're going to engage a sound engineer, who comes with an assistant and requisite sound and sight equipment. He has a playlist (nice) though we haven't heard it yet, but so does ET.

In fact, ET has vetoed all of my song suggestions unless they're the same as his. You should have seen his grimace when I brought up Pharrell Williams's Happy. I'm not sure I want to spend the rest of my life with a person who looked at me sideways when I said I wanted some Jamiroquai either...

No comments: